giovedì 19 febbraio 2009

I'm awake now

At 7:45 a.m. I dragged myself out of bed, and now having had a cup of coffee I can function enough to write about a dream. It actually occurred during 15 minutes after the alarm went off at 7:30. It was vivid, about a project I was a part of in some way. I was in a room that had an almost yellowish filtered light from overhead skylights. The walls were covered with black and white posters of images from popular culture, such as Audrey Hepburn and images from my generation, like Garfield the cat.
It was an exhibition coming to an end.
People were working in the room to take posters off the walls and underneath, the walls were the color red. Paper and images were all over the floor, I felt like I wanted to salvage something.
A person in the room told me that things are becoming (constrained, consolidated, conformed), he used a C-word like this to reference how the economic crisis if affecting the actions of everything, even how art is exhibited in museums. Since limited funding poses a problem, alternative methods of display were sought for this red, yellow-filtered room situated only in the space of my mind.

My project for VF 2009 will be about dreams, reoccurance and simultaneity. Specifics will follow soon.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento